Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Shellharbour City Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Resource Recovery Centre
You can sort your waste at home and save money by taking your unwanted goods to the Resource Recovery Centre before you discard all your waste. The Centre accepts, household recyclables, whitegoods, metals, Lead Sulphate Batteries, oil and secondhand goods. The Revolve Centre, in it's current location, will be closed from 30 May 2016 to mid August 2016. This closure will allow for the construction of an awning over the facility to provide an all weather area for customers and the operator. New pavement will also provide dedicated customer drop off locations and shop parking. Limited services will be available at the existing transfer station. Please contact Resource Recovery Australia on 42375193 for further information on services available during this time
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.