The dates for National Recycling Week are Monday 8 to Sunday 14, November 2021. National Recycling Week, a campaign launched by Planet Ark, provides an important opportunity for councils, workplaces, schools and individuals to improve their recycling knowledge, build better recycling habits and build trust in recycling.
This established and highly regarded annual campaign continues to educate and stimulate behaviour change, by:
- Promoting kerbside, industrial and community recycling initiatives
- Giving people the tools to minimise waste and manage material resources responsibly at home, work and school
This year we are celebrating the fact that National Recycling Week has been around for 25 years, established by Planet Ark in 1996. We invite you to value your resources, giving them a second life by reducing the need for newly produced resources, reusing quality second-hand items, and recycling. Reducing our waste not only keeps valuable materials out of landfill it also benefits the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions and our need for new materials. Reducing and reusing can also save you money at home and in the workplace.
To help you recycle right we have new information this year on:
- Events you can get involved with.
- How to recycle packaging correctly.
- Recycling 101
- How to upcycle old furniture.
- Workplace activities
- Curriculum aligned lesson plans
For infographics, social media content and other resources check out the Resource Hub.
National Recycling Week is made possible thanks to: