Buy It Back Day
What Is Buy It Back Day?
Planet Ark's Buy It Back Day will be held on Saturday 17 November 2018 during National Recycling Week. It is a day for the community to celebrate National Recycling Week with mindful purchasing by:
- Buying something secondhand
- Buying a product made from recycled materials
Why Should I Buy It Back?
Buying secondhand items or products made from recycled materials reduces your impact on the environment. It saves the resources and energy that go into making products from virgin materials. Buying recycled helps to close the recycling loop and support the circular economy rather than the take-make-throwaway economy.
Interested in finding out more? Download our new research guide, What Goes Around: Why Buying Recycled Matters.
How do I get involved?
Second Hand Shops
- Plan your event for Saturday 17 November during National Recycling Week (12 - 18 November 2018), or choose another day if that doesn’t suit.
- Decide what to do – you could:
- Offer discounts to customers on that day;
- Hold a BBQ for customers & raise money for your favourite charity;
- Have a lucky door prize on the day;
- Have prizes for photos shared on social media from the event; and/or
- Come up with something else!
Promote Your Event
Click and download one of our adaptable posters to promote your Buy It Back Day celebrations (see bottom of this page). You can enter your own event details, date and time. There is also a spot to insert your logo. Then simply print it off.
Promote your event on social media, with councils and the local media using #BuyItBack and #NationalRecyclingWeek. You can even download our Buy It Back logo and add it to your image.