Brought to you by
Cartridges 4 Planet Ark is an innovative recycling program that provides Australians with a free and easy way to recycle their used printer cartridges. On this RecyclingNearYou site Australians can find literally thousands drop off of locations around the country to recycle their used printer cartridges and toner bottles.
Find Out More
You can drop off your used or empty laser and inkjet cartridges at all Officeworks and participating Australia Post, Harvey Norman, The Good Guys, JB Hi-Fi, Office National and Office Products Depot outlets. Inkjet cartridges, toner cartridges and toner bottles are accepted. This includes cartridges used in printers, photocopiers and fax machines.
(Please note, some boxes may not be visible or on display due to limited store floor space, in these cases please ask the staff at the counter and hand cartridge directly to them.)
If your workplace or business has large quantities of printer cartridges to recycle, visit BusinessRecycling.com.au to find suitable collection or pick up service options or register for a free 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' workplace collection box.
About Printer Cartridges
- Australians throw away more than 18 million printer cartridges every year.
- This amounts to over 5,000 tonnes of material, including laser toner cartridges, inkjet cartridges, photocopier toner bottles and drums, that will eventually end up in landfill.
- When printer cartridges break apart in landfill, they have the potential to contaminate groundwater and the environment.
About Printer Cartridge Recycling
- Printer cartridges from participating brands are accepted in the 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' program. This includes inkjet cartridges, laser cartridges, toner bottles, fuser and drum units, fax rolls, print heads, waste hoppers / containers collectors and kits.
- The 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' program has recycled more than 34 million cartridges via 30,000 businesses and over 3,000 retail outlets.
- The 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' program is an example of an extended producer responsibility program. The six participating brands, Brother, Canon, Epson, HP, Konica Minolta, and Kyocera, pay for the collection and recycling of their cartridges. They are taking responsibility for the cartridges they produce.
Do you use sustainable paper in your printer?
Did you know we've launched one of the most environmentally responsible paper on the market, Planet Ark 100% Australian Recycled Paper?
You don't need to compromise on quality to get the best environmental office paper available. You can get bright white copy paper that ticks every box necessary when it comes to protecting our environment and at the same time contributing to the Australian economy.
Click here to find out where you can buy it today!
For more information:
If your workplace consumes a lot of cartridges, you may eligible for this free cartridge recycling service. Call the 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark hotline' on 1800 24 24 73 for more information.
To find out more about printer cartridge recycling
See Planet Ark's Cartridge Recycling Factsheet
Or visit the following websites