X-ray films contain silver in the form of halides, which can be extracted and converted into pure silver.
Licenced by the EPA and have 5 recycling centres in 5 states.
03 9357 9540 (National service)
National contact phone number is 1300 32 62 92
No fees apply
The above organisations will accept all x-ray film that can be sent directly to them or one of their drop-off locations.
This is a directory listing. Please be aware that recyclers may currently be closed or operating shortened hours due to COVID-19. Please use the below information to contact the recycler directly.
Drop off your X-Rays
5 - 11 Reo Crescent, Campbellfield, VIC 3061
03 9308 9415
No fees apply
7/220 Barry Rd, Campbellfield, 3061
or PO box 21 Campbellfield 3061 for mail
03 9357 9540 (National Service)
No Fees Apply
Address: 30 Plummer Road, Laverton North, VIC 3026
Phone: 1300 747 339
Email for collections Xray@siltechpmr.com.au
There is a collection fee that will be quoted depending on location and quantities.
About X-Ray Recycling
- X-ray films are processed in a refinery to extract the silver.
- The x-ray films are heated using temperatures of over 1,000 degrees celsius.
- The silver is extracted and converted into a more pure silver form.
- The silver can then be reused for things such as silver solder, jewellery, the silver plating of utensils, electrical components and film manufacture.
- CMA EcoCycle Australia and Siltech will safely and confidentially destroy your records, however if you dispose of these yourself send just the film.