Paper and cardboard are produced from tree fibres and represent a large part of the waste stream. Most cardboard is produced from recycled paper and it can be recycled many times over. There are opportunities to recycle cardboard and paper, both at home and at your workplace.
Phone books can be recycled through kerbside collections in most council areas around Australia. For more information about phone book recycling click here.
To cancel phone book deliveries please click here.
If your workplace or business has large quantities of paper and cardboard to recycle, visit BusinessRecycling.com.au to find suitable collection or pick up service options.
About Paper and Cardboard Recycling:
- Paper can be recycled up to eight times (AMCOR).
- Paper and cardboard can be recycled into other products such as packaging, toilet paper and egg cartons.
- Every year around 3.5 million tonnes of paper and cardboard is used in Australia. This is enough to fill 160,000 large semi trailers (Visy Recycling).
Importance of Recycling Paper and Cardboard:
- When paper is disposed of in landfill rather than recycled, it creates methane as it breaks down. Methane is a major greenhouse gas that contributes to global warming with a life span 21 times longer than carbon dioxide (Visy Recycling).
- Manufacturing recycled paper can use up to 90% less water and 50% less energy than making it from trees (Sustainability Victoria).
- Using recycled paper saves trees. For every 100 reams of recycled office paper that is printed doubled sided will save two trees, more than one tonne of greenhouse gas and almost a cubic metre of landfill space compared to 100 reams of paper that is not recycled or printed doubled sided (Sustainability Victoria).
Buying It Back
Planet Ark 100% Australian Recycled Paper
Recycling your office paper is only half the job. Help us close the loop of paper recycling by buying it back. Did you know we've launched one of the most environmentally responsible paper on the market, Planet Ark 100% Australian Recycled Paper?
You don't need to compromise on quality to get the best environmental office paper available. You can get bright white copy paper that ticks every box necessary when it comes to protecting our environment and at the same time contributing to the Australian economy.
Click here to find out where you can buy it today!