The Schools Recycle Right Challenge competition is now closed.
- Gardeners Road Public School, NSW
- Ryde Secondary College, NSW
- Holy Family Primary School, Merewether Beach, NSW
- Brentwood Secondary College, VIC
- Kaleen Primary School, ACT
- Clayton South Primary School, VIC
Thank you to everyone who entered.
Win one of three x 3D Makerbot Sketch Classroom from Kyocera (RRP $3499 + GST per bundle), prize includes:
- 2 x Sketch Printers
- 6 spools of filament
- 4 x build plates
- Assorted tools including spatulas, snips, and replacement nozzles
- Teacher (2 seats) and student certification (10 seats - https://www.makerbot.com/education/3d-printing-certification/)
The SKETCH platform supplies you with what you need to integrate 3D printing into the new school year successfully — whether that’s back in the classroom or teaching from home.
With over 15 hours of student curriculum accessible online, our Certification program gives your students the tools to build and strengthen their design thinking skills with 3D printing. Get access to a full set of interactive content, projects, quizzes and exams developed by MakerBot Certified Educators.
For more information visit Kyocera: https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.com.au/3D-Printer
Runners Up Prizes
Three lucky winners will receive the following:
- 2040, signed by Damon Gameau, book and DVD bundle
- 2 cartons of NEW Planet Ark Unwrapped 100% Recycled Paper (RRP $28.59 per carton)
How to enter
Simply download and complete one of our National Recycling Week lesson plans with Cool Australia for a chance to win one of the above prizes.
We encourage you to complete one of our NEW Australasian Recycling Lesson plans, there are BONUS prizes for teachers who use the new ARL plans and give their feedback. Click here to enter
- Recycling Labels Memory Game – Years 1 & 2
- Recycling Labels Mascots – Years 3 & 4
- Recycling Labels Board Game – Years 5 & 6
Learn more about paper and printer cartridge recycling:
- Closing the Paper Recycling Loop - NAPLAN Style Narrative Writing Practice - Years 3 & 4
- Closing the Paper Recycling Loop - NAPLAN Style Persuasive Writing Practice - Years 3 & 4
- Closing the Paper Recycling Loop - NAPLAN Style Persuasive Writing Practice - Years 5 & 6
- Recycle Rescue - NAPLAN-Style Narrative Writing Practice - Year 5
- Working With Data Tables – Year 7 & 8
- Recycle Rescue – Trivia Quiz – Years 7 & 8
- Closing the Paper Recycling Loop – NAPLAN Style Narrative Writing Practice – Years 7 & 8
- Closing the Paper Recycling Loop – NAPLAN Style Persuasive Writing Practice – Years 9 & 10
Submit your entry
To submit your entry simply take a photo of your students completed lesson plans, resources or taking part in one of our activities and tell us about how your students got involved in the Schools Recycle Right Challenge (50-100 words).
The competition has been extended and will close at 5pm Wednesday December 2.
We thank our competition prize partners
Terms & Conditions
- To be eligible to enter, schools must be registered as part of the Schools Recycle Right Challenge. Register here
- This competition is open to students enrolled in Government and non-Government schools in all Australian States and Territories.
- The competition starts at 9:00 AM AEDT on Monday 12 October 2020 and closes at 17:00 AEDT on Wednesday 2 December.
- The judging will take place at Planet Ark's Sydney Office, 323 Castlereagh St, Sydney, NSW 2000, on Friday 4 December 2020.
- Winners will be notified by email before close of business on Monday 7 December 2020 and announced on the Schools Recycle Right Challenge website by no later than Monday 7 December 2020.
- Each Schools Recycle Right Challenge coordinator may upload up to three entries via https://recyclingnearyou.com.au/nationalrecyclingweek/at-school/competition-entry
- Prizes will be sent to the activity coordinator at the school unless otherwise advised.
- Planet Ark and its sponsors/stakeholders reserve the right to publicise the entries submitted as part of this competition. Any publicity or communications will include an acknowledgment of relevant schools. All entries may be used by Planet Ark and its sponsors/stakeholder to promote National Recycling Week, the Schools Recycle Right Challenge, and future schools competitions. Planet Ark assumes the school has received permission to share photos of students.
- Planet Ark assumes the school has received permission to share photos of students.
- The prize pool consists of three x 3D Makerbot Sketch Classroom from Kyocera (RRP $3499 + GST per bundle). Runners up prizes of 2040, signed by Damon Gamou, book and DVD bundle and three x 2 cartons of NEW Planet Ark Unwrapped 100% Recycled Paper (RRP $28.59 per carton)
- First prize winners will recieve one of the 3D Makerbot Sketch Classroom bundles each. Runners up will receive one of the DVD/Book bundles and two cartons of Planet Ark Paper each.
- The prizes cannot be redeemed for cash, split or swapped for any other item.