Kerbside Recycling Services in the Shire of Yilgarn area
Below are the kerbside recycling services provided by your local Council.
Kerbside Recycling Service
Recycling bin with a yellow lid
on the 2nd & 4th Friday of each month
All residential properties, commercial, and some industrial premises.
Glass Bottles and Jars
Envelopes Without a Window
Pizza Boxes (clean)
Steel Food Cans
Milk cartons (fresh, no foil lining)
Juice cartons (fresh, no foil lining)
Plastics marked with
Materials Not Accepted
Ceramics, Pyrex glass, Ovenware
Cups, plates, wine and drinking glasses
Garden organic waste
Pot plant buckets/containers
Other Materials Not Accepted
Silver lined cartons
Soft (or scrunchable) plastics
Clothes and textiles
Garden and food waste
Ropes, cables and hose
Materials in bags
Hazardous materials or clinical waste.
1) Please ensure that recyclable containers and material are free of food matter by physically removing food remains and rinsing them out.
2) Note that containers and materials do not have to be totally clean but they should be basically clean.
3) Labels can remain on the containers.
4) Check the label on the underside of the recycling bin for regular guidance on what materials are recyclable and what are not. For more detailed information please check out other links on this website.
5) If a material is not accepted through the local recycling service then please place the waste in the general rubbish bin.
6) Contaminating recyclable waste with waste that is not accepted through the local recycling service increases the cost of the service to Council and therefore to you the rate payer.
7) Ensure that your recycling bin is one supplied by the Shire's contractor. If you purchase your own bin ensure that it has a "natural green" or "green" body with a "yellow" lid. Please do not use other colour combinations to this.
Replacement Recycling Container
If you need a replacement kerbside recycling container, please contact the Shire of Yilgarn office on 08 9049 1001.
Enter your email address and to stay up to date with us!