Recycling cars is one of the oldest forms of recycling. Ever since cars were invented, companies have existed to salvage the metal and spare parts in dead cars.
Cars and Parts
This is a directory listing. Please be aware that recyclers may currently be closed or operating shortened hours due to COVID-19. Please use the below information to contact the recycler directly.
Find a recycler
Are you a business? Check out BusinessRecycling.com.au
About Car Recycling:
- There are an estimated 500,000 end-of-life vehicles (ELV) being generated each year in Australia.
- 70% of the (ELV) material by weight is shredded and recycled, represented the metal fraction of around 455,000 tonnes per annum.
Importance of Car Recycling:
- Vehicles that are no longer in operation can be very valuable for their second hand parts.
- Automotive repair businesses and car enthusiasts regularly visit car recycling yards to obtain functioning parts for vehicle repairs.
For more information:
- Auto Parts Recyclers Association of Australia Inc (APRAA) is a national, non-profit industry association that has sought to improve the recycling of cars, especially from an environmental standpoint.
- eWreckers is a website dedicated to the reuse and resale of old cars, car parts, machinery, power tools and home appliances.