Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the City of Sydney Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
The Bower Re-use and Recycling Centre and Reverse Garbage
Address: 142 Addison Road
with other community facilities
Marrickville NSW 2204
Phone: 02 9568 6280
Items collected: Collects and resells household goods items, such as furniture, bric-a-brac, and building materials. See these websites for further information The Bower - www.bower.org.au Reverse Garbage - www.reversegarbage.org.au
Toy Restoration Centre
Phone: 9528 4042
Items collected: Toy Restoration Centre The Toy Restoration Centre at Jannali repairs and donates unwanted toys to disadvantaged children. Call 02 9528 4024.
Address: 1 Phillip Street
Cnr Phillip Street and Cope Street
Phone: 0431 118 061
Items collected: The Nunnery Community Bike Workshop collects abandoned bikes and parts to create working bikes to put back into the community.
Address: 8 142 Addison Rd
Marrickville NSW 2010
Phone: (02) 9569 3132
Items collected: Reverse Garbage accept and pick up industrial, domestic and commercial discards,reducing the amount of waste going to landfill,making them cheaply available to the community.
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.