Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Mildura Rural City Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Aroundagain (Christie Centre)
Address: Ontario Ave,
Items collected: Furniture, Electrical, Household, Books, Building, Recreational items are accepted if suitable for re-use. Aroundagain is open 7 days a week for sales and drop-offs. Also accept items for dismantling to recover parts for re-use and recyclable components such as hard plastics and metals. Car batteries, gas cylinders and fire extinguishers are collected for recycling. Confidential documents are security shedded and recycled.
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.