Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Melton City Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Resale Shop at the Melton Recycling Facility
Address: 33 Ferris Road
Cobblebank (formerly Melton South) VIC 3338
Phone: 03 9747 5902
Items collected: Everyone is welcome to drop off re-sellable items, 7 days a week. The Resale Shop functions like an op-shop with the added bonus of DIY and garden materials, and underwent a substantial expansion in 2015. Donated used goods typically include books, DVDs and VHS tapes, vinyl records, building materials, kitchenware, furniture, bicycles, toys and clothes. Self-serve free mulch may also be available at the Melton Recycling Facility when excess to Council needs.
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.