Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Melton City Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Re-Sale Centre at the Melton Recycling Facility
Address: 33 Ferris Road
Melton South VIC 3337
Phone: 03 9743 1983
Items collected: Members of the community may drop off re-sellable items, 7 days a week. The Re-Sale Centre functions like an op-shop, and is undergoing an exciting expansion in 2015. Donated used goods typically include books, DVDs and VHS tapes, building materials, kitchenware, furniture, bicycles, toys, computers and digital TVs, clothes etc. Self-serve free mulch is also available at the Melton Recycling Facility when in supply.
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.