Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the City Of Kalgoorlie-Boulder area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Yarri Road Refuse Facility
Address: Yarri Road
Kalgoorlie WA 6430
Phone: 9091 4308
Items collected: Predominantly household & domestic items, some industrial items and materails. Contact the facility on the number provided or visit them to enquire and inspect useful and possibly valuable items salvaged. Persons using the facility are encouraged to separate recyclable goods and place these in the recycle areas provided, as directed by the Site Operator. Recyclable goods include batteries, white goods, green waste (clean) and aluminium cans.
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.