Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the City of Gold Coast area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Endeavour Foundation Southport Tip Shop
Address: 255 Dakara Drive
Southport QLD 4215
Phone: 07 5531 4398
Items collected: Quality reusable goods from the Molendinar Drop off Recycling Centre are sold here.
Gold Coast Preloved Bargains
Address: 7 Kortum Drive
Burleigh Heads QLD 4220
Phone: 07 5689 1210
Items collected: Quality reuseable goods from Reedy Creek Commercial landfill are sold here. 7am to 5pm - Monday to Friday 7am to 4pm - Saturday
Reedy Creek Recycle Market
Address: Hutchinson Street (off Bermuda St)
Reedy Creek QLD 4228
Phone: 07 5522 1955
Items collected: Quality reuseable goods from Reedy Creek Waste and Recycling Centre sold here. Located at the entrance of Reedy Creek Waste and Recycling Centre. Operated by Endeavour. Open 8am to 4pm - Wednesday to Sunday (closed Monday and Tuesday.)
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.