Milk and juice cartons are made from a material called liquid paperboard (LPB), which is constructed from paperboard with layers of plastic, and in the case of long-life products, a thin layer of aluminium foil. paperboard makes up the largest proportion of these materials - about 88% of Tetra Pak 1 litre fresh milk carton for example.
For more than 40 years LPB has been used to package a wide range of foods including milk, juices, cream, custard, sauces and soups.
Milk and Juice Cartons in the Shire of West Arthur area
Below is where you can recycle milk and juice cartons near you:
- Shire of West Arthur - Kerbside Recycling Collection
- Drop off Facility - Shire Depot
- Drop off Facility - Dura General Store
Sorry, there are no businesses listed for you to drop off Containers & Packaging
Pick up locations for Containers & Packaging
11 pick up businesses match your query on Containers & Packaging
Click the link for business details
|Business Name||Details||Picks up||Fees||Approved||Provider|
|CLAW Environmental||Pickup generally for commercial quantities only. Pleas...||WA||May apply|
|Cleanaway||Please contact Cleanaway on 13 13 39 to enquire about p...||WA||May apply|
|Perth Bin Hire||We deliver and pick up skip bins and bulk bins, and pro...||WA (Metro Area Only)||May apply|
|Carton Traders||bulk Qtys only||WA (Metro Area Only)||May apply|
|Technical Maintenance Services||Boxed or stacked for easy removal. Offer reusable co...||WA (Metro Area Only)||May apply|
|Local Bins||Pick up is offered on bulk quantities only in south wes...||WA (Metro Area Only)||May apply|
|REmida WA - Reuse Centre||We offer collections for most items depending on the qu...||WA (Metro Area Only)||Free|
|eCycleCorp Pty Ltd||Bulk quantities||Nationally||May apply|
|REMONDIS Australia Pty Ltd||REMONDIS collects recycling and waste streams in bins r...||Nationally||May apply|
|1800-GOT-JUNK? (Australia) Pty Ltd.||We cover the following suburbs: Armadale Caulfield No...||WA (Metro Area Only)||May apply|
|VISY Recycling||We can arrange pick up for all through our various cont...||WA||May apply|
About Liquidpaperboard Recycling:
- Over one billion milk and juice cartons are used each year in Australia
- The lightweight nature of cartons means they require less energy to transport and refrigerate than other beverage packaging.
- LPB is recycled back into paper products like cardboard boxes.
- Most councils in Australia collect LPB for recycling.
- Ensure cartons are empty, rinsed/dried and flattened before placing in recycling bin.
Source: Sustainability Victoria
There are two types of cartons
Gable top cartons
- Made from a layer of board sandwiched between two layers of very thin plastic.
- Some gable top cartons used for packaging fruit juice have an additional layer of foil and a third layer of plastic. These extra layers improve the shelf life and retain flavours.
- Aseptic bricks (UHT or long life packs) are a newer type of carton
- They are made from five layers: three of plastic, one of foil and one of board.
- The products in the cartons are sterilised before being packaged and, as the cartons fully seal the contents, they do not need to be refrigerated before opening. This results in savings in energy during storage and transport.