Recycling in the Wollongong City Council area
Each link below will provide you with recycling information for the Wollongong City Council area. Using any of these services can help reduce the amount of waste going to landfill and ensure you place the right thing in the right bin.
Council Kerbside Recycling Services
For information on disposal of Asbestos in the Wollongong area please visit the below link on the council website:
Date: Wednesday 9th November, 9am - 4pm (meet 8.45am outside Wollongong Council)
Bring along your tastebuds and your walking shoes as we visit a local berry farm for some sampling of local fruit produce, learn about having chickens in your yard and gain an insight into owning a bee hive. Over the course of the day you will hear from a local CWA expert on how to make your own jams, pickles and preserves.
Drop-off Recycling Facilities
- Electronic Items
- May include computers, televisions and more.
- Large Recyclable Items
- May include white goods, scrap metals, concrete, bricks etc.
- Containers and/or Packaging
- Items may include paper and cardboard, aluminium and steel cans, glass bottles, plastic containers etc.
- Garden Cuttings
- Items may include tree branches, grass clippings, leaves, flowers etc.
- Hazardous Materials
- Items may include gas bottles, paints, tyres, vehicle and appliance batteries, contaminated fuels etc.
Other Waste and Recycling Services
- Council Clean Up/Hard Rubbish Collection
- Details of the collection of whitegoods and other hard rubbish objects.
- Household Hazardous Waste Service
- See what chemicals and other hazardous wastes are collected in your area.
- Worm Farms and Compost Bins
- Learn how to turn your food and scraps into great compost.
- Empty/Chemical Drums
- Details of how to correctly dispose your unwanted chemical drums.
- Other Council Services
- Learn other ways to help reduce your waste to landfill.