Recycling in the Warrnambool City Council area
Each link below will provide you with recycling information for the Warrnambool City Council area. Using any of these services can help reduce the amount of waste going to landfill and ensure you place the right thing in the right bin.
Warrnambool residents are great recyclers but more can be done to divert material from landfill.
·Studies have revealed... (more)
Drop off your old computers or TVs for free. Other electronic items can be recycled for 55 cents per kilogram.
Date: 15-Nov-14 10:00am
A series of workshops all on the one day, focussing on recycling food scraps by composting and worm farming.
Drop-off Recycling Facilities
- Electronic Items
- Such as computers, televisions, cds, power tools etc.
- Large Recyclable Items
- Such as white goods, scrap metals, concrete, bricks etc.
- Containers and/or Packaging
- Items such as paper and cardboard, aluminium and steel cans, glass bottles, plastic containers etc.
- Garden Cuttings
- Items such as tree branches, grass clippings, leaves, flowers etc.
- Food Scraps
- Items such as fruit, vegetables, other food scraps etc.
- Hazardous Materials
- Items such as gas bottles, paints, tyres, vehicle and appliance batteries, contaminated fuels etc.
Other Waste and Recycling Services
- Household Hazardous Waste Service
- See what chemicals and other hazardous wastes are collected in your area.
- Worm Farms and Compost Bins
- Learn how to turn your food and scraps into great compost.
- Empty/Chemical Drums
- Details of how to correctly dispose your unwanted chemical drums.
- Other Council Services
- Learn other ways to help reduce your waste to landfill.
Want to Know More?
Call the National Recycling Hotline
1300 733 712