Council Clean Up/Hard Rubbish Collection in the Whitehorse City Council area
This page details a range of materials that will be periodically collected by your Council.
Council Clean Up/Hard Rubbish Collection
At-call Kerbside collection
Twice a Year
All Residential Properties
- Household Furniture
- Metal Car Parts
- Scrap Timber
- Electronic equipment such as TVs and DVDs
- Empty and clean pain tins (the lids must be removed)
- Crockery, chinawear, etc
- Carpet (rolled & tied - limit 1 room)
- Hot water systems
- Electrical appliances, tools equipment, mowers and small car parts
- Sheet glass (wrapped in several layers of strong paper, taped and marked 'GLASS'
- Prunings & branches tied into bundles of no more than 1.5 metres in length. Tree roots are acceptable, however both bundles and tree roots must be able to be lifted by 1 person. Please avoid using wire to tie bundles.
- Bicycles (however, adult bicycles are wanted for Council’s Bikes4Life program and can be dropped-off at the Whitehorse Recycling and Waste Centre.
Mattresses are collected by a recycling company so please try and keep your mattress seperate from the pile to assist in collecion. Book 3pm Thursdays to have your hard waste collected the following week.
What can not be placed out for collection:
- Vehicle Tyres
- Vehicle Batteries
- Building and renovation materials including rubble or fences
- Asbestos and other hazardous waste
- Gas cylinders
For more information contact:
Council’s hard waste contractor by 3pm Thursdays to have your hard waste collected the following week.
03 9721 1915