X-ray films contain silver in the form of halides, which can be extracted and converted into pure silver.
Mail X-Rays Direct
If you have small quantities, simply place them in an envelope and post to:
CMA Ecocycle Australia
National contact phone number is 1300 32 62 92
E-mail is http://www.cmaecocycle.net/contact-us/
No fees apply.
03 9357 9540 (National service)
Email for collections Xray@siltechpmr.com.au
There is a collection fee that will be quoted depending on location and quantities.
About X-Ray Recycling
- X-ray films are processed in a refinery to extract the silver.
- The x-ray films are heated using temperatures of over 1,000 degrees celsius.
- The silver is extracted and converted into a more pure silver form.
- The silver can then be reused for things such as silver solder, jewellery, the silver plating of utensils, electrical components and film manufacture.
- CMA EcoCycle Australia and Siltech will safely and confidentially destroy your records, however if you dispose of these yourself send just the film.