Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Mosman Municipal Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
142 Addison Road
Marrickville NSW 2204
Reverse Garbage accept and pick up industrial, domestic and commercial discards, reducing the amount of waste going to landfill, making them cheaply available to the community.
Kimbriki Recycling & Waste Disposal
Open 7 days 7:00am - 5pm. Items accepted for recycling include building and renovation materials, e-waste, and vegeation. You can also buy second hand and recycled materials and organics such as soil, compost and mulch. Visit the EcoHouse & Garden for more ideas.
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.