Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Mackay Regional Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Incredable Ltd accepts recyclables and reusable items and prepares them for re-sale. It has a drive through drop off area that is open seven days a week and accepts donations of recyclable and reusable items for resale in the adjoining shop from Thursday to Sunday. Incredable Ltd is a not for profit facility providing employment for people with a disability and other disadvantaged jobseekers. The drop off of goods is generally free however; charges apply to regulated waste such as tyres. To assist with the types of goods received at Incredable Ltd check the A-Z Guide to waste disposal.
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.