Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Knox City Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Knox Transfer Station and Recycling Facility Reuse Shop
The Knox Transfer Station and Recycling Facility has a new and improved undercover Reuse Shop,- the Knox Treasure Chest - that enables members of the public to come along and purchase a myriad of second hand goods that include, building materials, plumbing supplies, clothing, bric-a brac, mulch, household goods and lots more! The Reuse Shop is open:9.00am-4.00pm daily. Closed on Christmas Day and Good Friday. Address: George Street (off High Street Road), Wantirna South. - See more at: http://www.knox.vic.gov.au/Page/Page.aspx?Page_Id=698#sthash.Td1kHuBh.dpuf
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.