Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the City of Armadale area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Drop 'n' Shop Reuse Centre
Forget throwing old or unused items into the rubbish bin – residents can take their reusable items for FREE to the Drop ’n’ Shop and know they are helping the environment. Refurbishing and reusing household items and discarded building materials helps to conserve raw materials and save on the energy cost of producing new replacements. After sorting, Drop ‘n’ Shop goods are re-sold to the public at extremely competitive prices. Items are sold "as is" and may not be fit for their original purpose. City of Armadale residents can bring a wide range of reusable goods to the shop, including furniture, kitchenware, garden items, bric-a-brac, building materials, equipment, tools, bikes, toys, books and clothing during shop opening hours. Tyres, mattresses, computers or carpet are not accepted. Drop ’n’ Shop Opening Hours Thursday: 10:00am - 2:00pm Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm Saturday: 8:30am - 4:30pm Sunday: 8:30am - 4:00pm The Drop'n'Shop is located on the entry driveway to the Armadale Landfill and Recycling Facility (round about crossing Gloaming Way).
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.