- Illegal dumping - Unfortunately, illegal dumping is a continued problem faced by councils and charities nationwide. In fact, 64% of councils in NSW alone face up to 100 incidences of illegal dumping each year and are subsequently burdened with associated clean-up costs.1
- Bulky goods collections - Your council may offer options and guidelines for bulky goods collections. These may differ in different areas.
- Recycling - Residents have more options than ever when it comes to recycling and responsible waste disposal. Many councils offer free recycling for white goods, electronic waste and mattresses.
Choose your actions!
- Check what services your council provides for bulky goods or chemical cleanouts at RecyclingNearYou.
- Find drop off locations near you for items such as mobile phones, printer cartridges, televisions, computers, whitegoods, paint and more RecyclingNearYou.
- For ideas on how to repair, donate, trade or exchange pre-loved items, check out Planet Ark’s Reuse Hub.
1NSW Illegal Dumping Strategy 2017-21