We all love our coffee, but we love it even more when nothing is waste and after use it is dealt with sustainably. Thanks to Nespresso, it’s now easy to recycle their aluminium coffee capsules. Once capsules are collected by Nespresso the used coffee is sent to an industrial composting facility to be transformed into compost, while the aluminium is recycled and sent back to the aluminium industry to produce new products. Furthermore, 93% of Nespresso coffee is responsibly sourced through Nespresso's AAA program which is a partnership with Rainforest Alliance. They only use the exact amount of energy and water to make a cup of coffee, so it has a lower environmental impact than some might realise.
Choose your actions!
- Used aluminium coffee capsules can be recycled through one of four methods by Nespresso:
- Participate in the bulk recycling collection initiative where workplaces or community locations can become a recycling point. Find out how your workplace can become a collection point here.
- Return your used aluminium capsules to any Nespresso Boutique.
- Drop off your used capsules at a participating florist or garden centre collection point. Find your closest collection point here.
- Post your used capsules back to Nespresso using a special Australia Post recycling satchel.
- Check with other manufacturers to find out if they run a recycling program for their capsules. Visit Terracycle for information on their coffee capsule programs.