Each link below will provide you with recycling information for the Snowy Valleys Council
Using any of these services can help reduce the amount of waste going to landfill and
you place the right thing in the right bin.
Tumut Re-Use Shop is open for business. Come to Killarney Road, 2720 Tumut NSW and see what bargains you can buy!
Freebies and Giveaways
Got some stuff that you don’t want, but don’t think you can sell it? Why not give it away?
• The Reuse shop at the Tumut Waste and recycling Centre accepts suitable items for sale, with all proceeds going to support the works of Valmar Support Services of Tumut. Bargains abound, so come in and have a look see for yourself.
• Or try the Lions Club boot sale, this is notified by the TA Times and radio Station “Sounds of the Mountains”
• Try Facebook for groups like “Tumut Area Buy Swap and Sell”
• Or try http://www.fluorocycle.org.au/recyclers.php for recycling your lights
• 'ewaste' encompasses some old electrical appliances either in a state of disrepair or simply obsolete. The correct disposal of ewaste is of vital importance to be able to achieve a sustainable future. Residents and small businesses are able to drop off their old televisions, computers and computer components to 12 locations in the REROC region. see http://waste.reroc.com.au/featured/free-e-waste-drop
• Donate to the local charities such as Saint Vincent DePaul or Anglican Revolve Centre.
Well worth a look!