Drop-Off Recycling at Waste Management Facilities
SEPARATION OF WASTE
• Businesses are reminded that segregation of waste is a condition of disposal at Council’s Waste Management Facilities.
• All green waste must be separated from all other waste and deposited in the appropriate area. Green waste is mulched and recycled; therefore properly segregating materials is important to ensure a clean mulch product for reuse.
• All timber waste and plasterboard must be separated from all other waste and deposited in the appropriate area. Timber waste and plasterboard is also mulched and reused; therefore properly segregating materials is important to ensure a clean mulch product for reuse.
• Bricks and concrete must be segregated from all other waste. Council will not accept bulk qualities of bricks and concrete for disposal to landfill as there is a private concrete crushing/recycling business in Gympie. See the RECYCLERS LIST for further information.
• Steel must be segregated from other waste and deposited in the metal waste recycling area.
• Aluminium waste products and off-cuts should be segregated from all other waste and deposited in the metal waste recycling area. Some aluminium waste products may be of an acceptable condition to be reused by another resident. Please consult the on-site recycling staff.
• Extraneous wastes that are unable to be recycled or reused, such as various general waste, should be the only materials disposed to landfill.
Separation of the above products from other waste must occur at the construction/demolition site.
Charges may apply for disposal of waste that cannot be recycled. A waste docket will be issued by Council’s on-site recycling staff and if charges are incurred an invoice for waste disposal charges incurred will be forwarded to a mailing address. Under no circumstances will cash be accepted on-site.
Directions issued by on-site recycling staff and Council staff with respect of waste segregation and disposal areas must be followed with at all times. Failure to comply with directions may result in enforcement action by Council.
There are currently no events. Information is being updated
regularly, please check back again for new listings.