Recycling cars is one of the oldest forms of recycling. Ever since cars were invented, companies have existed to salvage the metal and spare parts in dead cars.
This is a directory listing. Please be aware that recyclers may currently be closed or operating shortened hours due to COVID-19. Please use the below information to contact the recycler directly.
Find a recycler
Are you a business? Check out BusinessRecycling.com.au
About Car Recycling:
- There are an estimated 500,000 end-of-life vehicles (ELV) being generated each year in Australia.
- 70% of the (ELV) material by weight is shredded and recycled, represented the metal fraction of around 455,000 tonnes per annum.
Importance of Car Recycling:
- Vehicles that are no longer in operation can be very valuable for their second hand parts.
- Automotive repair businesses and car enthusiasts regularly visit car recycling yards to obtain functioning parts for vehicle repairs.
For more information:
- Auto Parts Recyclers Association of Australia Inc (APRAA) is a national, non-profit industry association that has sought to improve the recycling of cars, especially from an environmental standpoint.
- eWreckers is a website dedicated to the reuse and resale of old cars, car parts, machinery, power tools and home appliances.