Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Toowoomba Regional Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Toowoomba Waste Management Centre - Smart Tip Shop
Address: Bedford Street
Cranley QLD 4350
Phone: 07 4637 0984
Items collected: Includes reusable items that would normally go into landfill. All reusable furniture, lawnmowers, white goods, household items, clothes, toys, videos,radios and other useful items. Customers are able to access the smart tip Shop to purchase items Thursday to Sunday 10am - 4pm. Lifeline operate the Smarttip shop. Direct any queries about the Smarttip shop to Lifeline on 4637 0984.
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.