Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the City of Stirling Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Recycling Centre Balcatta
Address: 238 Balcatta Road
Balcatta WA 6021
Phone: 9205 8555
Items collected: Balcatta Recycling and Waste Transfer StationAddress: 238 Balcatta Rd Balcatta WA 6021 Website Items collected: Cardboard and paper, Glass bottles and jars, All plastics, Scrap ferrous and non ferrous metals, Furniture and servicable household goods, Clothing, Appliances and bicycles, Bric a Brac, Hazardous Household Waste, Syringes and needles (sharps), Asbestos cement products (conditions apply), Used motor oil, Water based and oil based paints, Electronic Waste including TVS, Household and Motor Vehicle batteries and Mattresses
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.