Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the South Burnett Regional Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Kingaroy Recycle Shop - Recyclelinks
Address: 15 15 Kingaroy St
Kingaroy QLD 4610
Phone: 07 4162 5355
Items collected: Recyclelinks accepts donations of and sells usable, pre-loved items/equipment from furniture, bikes, children’s toys to homewares. Also for sale are landscaping supplies, cane mulch and more. Residents who wish to donate reusable items are encouraged to either: Drop off items to RecycleLinks, 15 Kingaroy Street, during open hours: Monday – Saturday 9:00am to 5:00pm 8am - 12 noon on Saturday or Drop off items at the designated drop off area at the Kingaroy Transfer Station, Luck Road. Open 8am- 5pm seven days a week.
Nanango Tip Shop
Address: Nanango Waste Facility Finlay Road,
Items collected: Council currently has a Recycle Shop operating at the Nanango Waste Facility and through partnership with Recycle Links at Kingaroy street, Kingaroy. These two recycle shops sell bargain second hand and recycled items that would have otherwise ended up as landfill. Residents are also able to drop off unwanted items directly to the Recycle Shop. To contact the Recycle Shops directly, please use the following contact details: Open 7 days a week 7:30am to 4:30pm
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.