Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the City of Rockingham Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Millar Road Landfill Recycling Facility
Address: Millar Road West
Baldivis WA 6171
Phone: 08 9528 8550
Items collected: Polystyrene, cardboard and soft plastics Furniture and bric-a-brac Whitegoods and ALL metal objects Building and garden materials Engine oil (max 20 litres, car batteries Gas bottles CLF's and drycell batteries Bicycles Garden items including pot plants Plates and Cutlery All items for resale must be in good order and are accepted free of charge.
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.