Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Rockhampton Regional Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Trendy Trash - Lakes Creek Rd Landfill
Address: 152 Lakes Creek Rd
North Rockhampton QLD 4701
Items collected: Furniture and Houeshold Items All kerbside recyclables from domestic sources
Yeppoon Landfill & Waste Transfer Station
Address: Corner of Neils Rd & Yeppoon Rd
Yeppoon QLD 4703
Items collected: Furniture, Electrical, Household Equipment, Garden, Sport, Building, Renovation, Domestic Refuse, Builders Waste, Commercial Waste,Batteries, Motor Oil, Gas Cylinders, Oil Filters, Recycled Concrete, Paper and Cardboard, Plastics (marked 1,2&5), Steel Cans, Glass, Scrap Metal, Greenwaste
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.