Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Lismore City Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Lismore Revolve Centre 02 6621 9671
Address: Wyrallah Rd
Wyrallah Rd Waste Facility
Items collected: Furniture, Bric-a-Brac, Carpet, Building Supplies, Toys, Books, Bikes - Just about anything in good condition. 02 6621 9671. Opening hours are Monday closed; Tuesday 9am to 2pm; Wednesday closed; Thursday 9am to 2pm; Friday 9am to 12pm; Saturday 9am to 1pm; Sunday closed.
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.