Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Kempsey Shire Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Waste Management Centre
Address: Crescent Head Rd
South East Kempsey NSW 2440
Phone: 02 6562 2042
Items collected: Any resaleable items are taken from what is destined for landfill to be sold cheaply back to the community for ReUse. Come in to look for a trash and treasure bargain find, staff are always amazed by what people no longer want! Please consider taking resaleable clothes, shoes, homewares to local charity stores.
Bellbrook Transfer Station
Address: Armidale Rd
Phone: 0413 396 599
Items collected: Any reusable items are considered for the ReUse pile that people can pick from freely during opening hours
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.