Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Devonport City Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
TROLL (tip) Shop
Address: Bay Drive
Spreyton Waste Transfer Station
Quoiba TAS 7310
Phone: (03) 6427 3424
Items collected: all reuseable materials
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.