Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Darebin City Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Darebin Resource Recovery Centre
Address: Kurnai Avenue
Reservoir VIC 3073
Items collected: Mon to Sun 8:30am - 3:30pm (03) 9460 7241
Customer Service Recycling Stations
Address: Northland Shopping Centre; Gower Street, Preston; Edwardes Street, Reservoir; Separation Street, Northcote
Phone: (03) 8470 8888
Items collected: Ring Pulls Corks Mobile Phones & Accesories Household Batteries CDs/DVDs/Videos X-rays Fluoro Tubes Cameras Light Globes
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.