Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Shire of Dardanup Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Dardanup Recycle Shed
Address: Banksia Rd
Items collected: Furniture - indoor and outdoor including dog kennels Electrical goods - NOTE! See exceptions below Bicycles and foot scooters Building products including plumbing fixtures Toys, prams and cots Books, records, CDs and DVDs Kitchenware crockery and gadgets Gardening goods Musical instruments Leisure goods such as golf clubs, surfboards Old and interesting items All electrical items for sale are untested and are sold for “parts only”. Ensure your items are tested by a qualified electrician before use.
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.