Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the City of Cockburn Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
The Cockburn Recycle Shop
Address: 920 Rockingham Road
Henderson Waste Recovery Park
Henderson WA 6166
Items collected: Household items that would have previously been crushed under a landill compactor are being given a new lease of life, thanks to a new recycling shop at the Henderson Waste Recovery Park. The Recycle Shop is another way the City of Cockburn is ensuring products are being re-used to their maximum potential, instead of going to landill. Landill staff remove items from the waste stream, check for re-use potential, and then value and display them for sale. People who may miss the annual junk verge collection can take items to The Recycle Shop for the cost of a trailer pass or standard entry fee, when delivering other waste. Visits to The Recycle Shop are free-of-charge if not delivering any rubbish. (Pets are not permitted inside the Recycle Shop)
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.