Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Town of Cambridge Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Recycling Centre Balcatta
Address: 238 Balcatta Road
Phone: (08) 9205 8555 o
Items collected: Unwanted household items in good condition can also be dropped off for free (at the discretion of the recycling attendant). Such items can include: Clothing Household goods Furniture Appliances Bicycles Selected landscaping items. The above items can also be purchased at the Recycling Centre for nominal prices. Remember, one person's trash is another person's treasure.
The Tamala Park Recycling Centre
Address: 1700 Marmion Avenue
Phone: 9306 6303
Items collected: Drop off of second hand goods and recyclables now 7 days Sales and shop access Friday to Monday (4 days only) Public opening hours: 8.00am to 4.45 pm (excluding Christmas Day, New Years Day and Good Friday public holidays).
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.