Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Blue Mountains City Council area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Katoomba Waste Management Facility Reuse Shed
Address: Woodlands Rd
Phone: (02) 4780 5350
Items collected: You have to pay to drop off household items. However, if you pick up such items for re-use, they are free. OPENING HOURS 8AM-5PM 7 DAYS
Blue Mountains City Council Recycling & Transport Services
Address: Lawson Street
Springwood NSW 2777
Phone: 4723 5061
Items collected: Opening hours 7am-3pm mon-fri Incoming material accepted: Asphalt, Concrete & Brick. (these products are crushed and recycled into roadbase) Fees and charges apply - please phone for pricing. Quotes supplied for pick up. Recycled material available for sale: Crushed concrete, soil products, mulch and asphalt. Delivery available. Essential: Phone for product range, current fees and charges and for collection/delivery arrangements
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.