Reuse Centres are generally either community-based not-for-profit organsiations or 'tip shops'. They are great places too look for just about anything, including materials used in arts, crafts, home renovations and education. Some reuse centres also run educational workshops.
Re-use Centres in the Shire of Augusta-Margaret River area
Don't send your usable unwanted household items to the tip - drop them off at a Re-use Centre in your local area. Make your waste become someone else's treasure!
Re-use centres in your area.
Davis Road Recycle Shop
Address: Davis Road
Items collected: Our Re-Use and Recycle Shop offers bargains in a wide range of products diverted from landfill. The following are accepted from the public and offered for sale at value prices: Furniture, toys, books, building materials, bicycles, knick-knacks, electrical goods, sporting equipment etc. The Shop is open from 8.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 1.30pm weekends. Closed on Christmas day, New Year's Day and Good Friday.
Outside your Local Government Area
The following organisations may not have come up in the search results for your local area, but may still be in a relatively convenient location for you:
- Reverse Garbage (Marrickville, Sydney)
- Reverse Garbage (Woolloongabba, Brisbane)
- Reverse Art Truck (Ringwood, Melbourne)
- REmida Creative Reuse Centre (West Perth)
- The Bower Reuse and Repair Centre Co-operative (Marrickville, Sydney) collects and repairs donated household goods then resells them. It also offers a Reuse Referral Service - if the Bower is unable to take your goods, they will search their database of other enterprises in Sydney that deal in secondhand goods.