Kerbside garden and/or food services in the Blue Mountains City Council area
Below is a list of Kerbside garden and/or food services provided by your council
Neatly placed on the kerbside, parallel to the kerb, maximum of 4 cubic metres
Up to twice per year, as part of the Booked Waste Service
All Residential Properties
- Garden Prunings
- NOTE: materials are NOT collected - the resident must remove chipped material (for composting or using on gardens as mulch)
- Fresh material less than four weeks old
- Branches up to 15cm diameter
- Branches 1 to 3 metres in length
The following Items are NOT collected in your Kerbside garden and/or food services:
- Building Rubble/Materials
- Tree Stumps
- Painted, Stained or Chemically Treated Timber
- Large Tree Trunks
- Logs and stumps
- Small material (grass, leave and twigs)
- Root balls, vines, ferns or palm fronds
- Weeds (see www.weedsbluemountains.org.au for info)
- NOTE: this is a kerbside chipping service - no materials are collected.
Organic Recycling Tips
If you have no nature strip, or need to put your materials with another pile, please contact Council before your service date on Ph 4780 5000.
Replacement Recycling Container
If you need a replacement kerbside recycling container, please contact Recycling Hotline phone 1300 769 746.