Date: 21-Dec-16 12:00pm
Location: Portsmith and Smithfield Transfer Stations
Cairns Regional Council residents can, as part of the Paintback Product Stewardship Scheme, recycle waste architectural and decorative (A&D) paint and packaging. Paintback is funded through a 15 cent levy on eligible paints at the point of purchase and is available to both trade and household customers.
Cairns Regional Council now has two authorised Paintback collection points:
1. Portsmith Transfer Station – 35-51 Lyons St, Portsmith
2. Smithfield Transfer Station – Lot 1 Dunne Rd, Smithfield
Paintback has a limit of up to 100 litres of acceptable paint per visit in secured containers of 20 litres or less.
For large stockpiles of volumes greater than 100 litres please contact Paintback directly on (03) 9670 3076 or via email@example.com for alternative solutions for safe and efficient collection.
Accepted scheme items:
• Interior and exterior architectural paint
• Deck coatings and floor paints
• Primers, undercoats and sealers
• Stains and shellacs
• Varnishes and urethanes (single component)
• Wood coatings
• Paintback is not designed or approved to accept industrial and specialist coatings.
• Cairns Regional Council accepts up to 20 litres per visit of other paint types not covered by the Paintback collection scheme.
For more information about the Paintback scheme visit www.paintback.com.au