Council Clean Up/Hard Rubbish Collection in the City of Sydney Council area
This page details a range of materials that will be periodically collected by your Council.
Council Clean Up/Hard Rubbish Collection
At-call Kerbside collection
All Residential Properties
- Household Furniture
- wooden barbecue frames
- heaters, hot water systems and other metal household items
- small kitchen appliances like toasters and blenders
- sofas, mattresses and rugs but not carpet or floor tiles
- bundled and tied organics that do not fit into an organics bin
- pots and pans
- tables, chairs, wardrobes and bookshelves.
The City of Sydney offers a free collection for whitegoods and large household items every Wednesday. Bookings are essential and are accepted up until 2pm on Tuesdays. Book online or call us on 02 9265 9333. If you live in a unit, check if you need to ask your building manager or caretaker to book a collection for the whole block.
What can not be placed out for collection:
- Vehicle Tyres
- Vehicle Batteries
- liquids such as cooking oil
- building, renovation or demolition materials
- timber, fencing or wooden pallets
- hazardous materials including paints and chemicals
- rocks and soil
- fluorescent lights
- tree stumps or branches thicker than 1 metre.
For more information contact: