Council Clean Up/Hard Rubbish Collection in the Clarence City Council area
This page details a range of materials that will be periodically collected by your Council.
Council Clean Up/Hard Rubbish Collection
Scheduled Kerbside collection
Once a Year
All Residential Properties
- Household Furniture
- Scrap Timber
- * furniture,
- * household appliances,
- * junk,
- * limited amounts of building material.
* During the 2 weeks of the collection, on your normal recycling day, put your items out on the nature strip neatly next to, but at least 1 metre from, your wheelie bin, making sure they do not obstruct the footpath or road. * The items should fit within an area 2 metres wide by 2 metres deep and stand no more than a metre high (4 m3). The items must be able to be easily lifted onto a truck by two people.
What can not be placed out for collection:
- Vehicle Tyres
- Vehicle Batteries
- * Paint tins.
- * Commercial or business waste.
- * Any item longer than 1.5 metres.
- * Items too heavy for easy lifting onto a truck by two people.
- * Engine blocks, tyres or any other car parts.
- * Chemicals or liquids, including engine oil.
- * Gas cylinders.
- * Broken glass, asbestos or ashes.
- * Vegetable matter.
- * Garden refuse. This can be put out for collection on Council's green organics collection day every 4 weeks.
- * Cardboard or other recyclables. These can be put out for recycling collection every week, flattened, bundled, tied and placed next to the crate.
- * Loose rubble.
- * Fencing wire.
For more information contact: