Council Clean Up/Hard Rubbish Collection in the Adelaide City Council area
This page details a range of materials that will be periodically collected by your Council.
Council Clean Up/Hard Rubbish Collection
Scheduled Kerbside collection
4 times a Year
Houses, Units and Schools
- ? A maximum of two cubic metres of material will be collected (about one 6x4 trailer filled to the level of normal sides) from each household.
- ? Individual items should not exceed 50kg.
- ? Individual items should not be longer than 1.5 metres.
- ? Prunings, if they are unsuitable to go in the Green Organics Bin (more than 15 cm wide prickly & thorny), should be placed neatly in a row on the verge pointing towards the road but not encroaching on the road.
- ? All loose material (e.g. contaminated plant material not suitable for the Green Organics Bin) needs to be placed in bags or boxes.
- ? Old white goods such as stoves, washing machines and refrigerators which do not have to be degassed, will be accepted (but doors must be removed from refrigerators)
What can not be placed out for collection:
- ? Asbestos
- ? Batteries
- ? Bricks
- ? Car bodies
- ? Chemicals
- ? Concrete
- ? Dirt
- ? Paint
- ? Sand
- ? Tyres
- ? Waste Oil
For more information contact:
08 8203 7203